Auto Ads

Monday, September 10, 2007

And the New Indiana Jones Will Be Called...

With all the Britney uproar the world seems to have forgotten that last night at the Video Music Awards, Shia LaBeouf announced the official title for the next Indiana Jones installment: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I was skeptical, since it sounds like the title of a lame computer game spinoff, but alas, it has been confirmed by the official Indiana Jones site.

I have to be honest, this is the first news about this project that doesn't have me all a twitter with anticipation. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull just sounds clunky, and doesn't seem fitting for a film capping such a beloved series. But I have faith in George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, and Harrison Ford would never throw his fedora into the ring if he didn't feel confidently about the project.

And besides, I'm sure the titles The Empire Strikes Back and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom seemed lame back in the early 80s. We just didn't have the Internet back then to complain about them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope it's Swarovski crystal. That would be hot.