Auto Ads

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Where I Draw the Line

If you know me, you're well aware that I have no problem with making a fool of myself. While others fiddle mindlessly on public transportation with their Blackberries, I'm whipping out my gold Legend of Zelda Nintendo DS and leveling up my Pokémon. Instead of taking the time to actually learn to play a real guitar, I'm rocking out on a fake plastic one trying to five-star "Even Flow" on Hard in Guitar Hero III. Gamers are shameless, which is why Guitar Hero: On Tour has sold over 300,000 units in just seven days.

For the uninitiated, and undoubtedly more attractive and popular, Guitar Hero: On Tour is a portable version of Activision's popular faux guitar franchise. Instead of a plastic guitar controller, gamers strum using the DS stylus and touch screen, while a guitar grip attachment is used for the fingerings. I'm just waiting for the Nintendo DS port of Dance Dance Revolution. Now that would make for an interesting commute.

No comments: