Auto Ads

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Avatar Trailer Debuts Online

The first trailer for James Cameron’s Avatar has finally hit the Web, giving many fans their first real glimpse at the highly anticipated 3D sci-fi epic.

I watched the trailer (a few times) and, to be honest, I’m not 100 percent blown away at this point. Cameron certainly has an eye for detail, as the alien world of Pandora is very well realized. That said, the special effects still have a rubbery, artificial look to them. Avatar just doesn’t seem like the major step forward in visual storytelling that we’ve been promised.

However, I have faith in Cameron, and Avatar will probably make for a great theatrical experience. Having seen the trailer, I’m definitely excited. I’m just not geeking out. Yet.

Avatar opens worldwide December 18. Watch the trailer below.

No comments: