Auto Ads

Monday, November 16, 2009

Modern Warfare 2 Sells Almost Five Million Copies on Day of Release

It might be old news to many of you fellow gamers out there, but I felt it was important to acknowledge that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 sold an estimated 4.7 million copies in its first 24 hours on sale. According to gaming blog Kotaku, Call of Duty publisher Activision is calling Modern Warfare 2’s November 10 release “the biggest launch in history across all forms of entertainment,” raking in $310 million in the United States and the United Kingdom alone. Incredible.

I’ve been debating whether or not it’s necessary for me to write an in-depth review of Modern Warfare 2 at this point, especially since most people who are interested in this title probably own it already. I could talk about how its campaign storyline is better than that of just about any recent Hollywood war film. I could wax poetic about its exhaustive multiplayer options, phenomenal graphics and gritty realism. I could even tell you that it might be the best game of 2009. But I won’t. Or maybe I just did. Whatever.

Bottom line? Modern Warfare 2 kicks all kinds of ass.

No comments: