Auto Ads

Monday, March 26, 2012

New ‘Amazing Spider-Man’ Promo Art Featuring the Lizard Hits the Web

As conflicted as I was initially when I learned that Sony would be rebooting the Spider-Man movie franchise with The Amazing Spider-Man – hitting theaters on July 3 – I’m actually giving it the benefit of the doubt as its release date approaches. The trailers have been surprisingly good, and I honestly think Andrew Garfield will do a great job as the Wallcrawler based on what we’ve seen thus far.

I’m also shocked how much I like this promotional image of the Lizard that’s been making the rounds online recently. I know we’re all accustomed to the fanged and drooling Lizard that Todd McFarlane made famous in the late 1980s and early 1990s, but this design harkens back to the art of character co-creator Steve Ditko and I dig that.

What do you think? Sound off in the comments section below, or feel free to weigh in on Twitter using the hashtag #WortReport.

No comments: