Auto Ads

Sunday, April 29, 2012

‘G.I. Joe: Retaliation’ Continues to Surprise Us All

As cool as Marvel’s The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises will probably be this summer, it’s getting harder and harder to ignore just how awesome G.I. Joe: Retaliation is looking as we near its June 29 release date. Now, I was notoriously easy on its predecessor, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, when it was released in 2009, but a lot of my enjoyment of that Stephen Sommers schlockfest came from its aggressive determination to be as loud and as gloriously dumb as possible. Hell, the formula worked for Hasbro’s other big toy-to-movie franchise, Transformers.

This time around, however, director Jon Chu actually looks like he’s interested in telling a good story with these characters. And yes, this is the guy that directed the Justin Bieber documentary that hit theaters last year.

Check out the latest international trailer below.

No comments: