Auto Ads

Thursday, June 23, 2016

The New 'Ghostbusters' Theme Should be Roasted in the Depths of a Giant Sloar


I've been critical of Paul Feig's forthcoming Ghostbusters remake for a while now, and the reaction I often get is that it's unfair to truly judge a piece of entertainment without experiencing it in its entirety. For example, when I shook my head at the first trailer for the film when it was released earlier this year,  I was told by at least a couple of friends to wait until I see the finished product to form an opinion. Sure. I can play by those rules. That's only fair.

Keeping that in mind, I listened to the new theme by Fall Out Boy (feat. Missy Elliott) for the film in its entirety before I decided it was one of the worst songs I've ever heard. That's not hyperbole. It's that bad. The Ray Parker Jr. original is no "Stairway to Heaven," but it's also not an elevator straight to hell. This might come close.

That's not really hyperbole. Fall Out Boy is admittedly not my thing, but this weird, disorienting reworking of one of the most classic theme songs in movie history is honestly difficult to listen to. As for Missy, she deserves better, and I sincerely hope that lines like "They roll up to my house, they knockin' at my door, they comin' bustin' in, kill all them ghosts" were because she was under a tight deadline. You can't kill ghosts, Missy!

I know the big debate has been about sexism with this movie, since the Ghostbusters team is made up of women, but can we all at least start to agree that this film has serious issues beyond the gender of its stars? 

But don't take my word for it, Listen to "Ghostbusters (I'm Not Afraid)" by Fall Out Boy (feat. Miss Elliott) below. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think it's a good idea of creating such a film with a girk staff. Nevertheless, your post is interesting and paperwriting-services.com can enrich it with unusual tokens that wouls impress your followers

Anonymous said...

Get one of the best movies download app SHOWBOX.  
showbox apk
showbox app
showbox latest app