Auto Ads

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I'm the guy who does his job...

...you must be the other guy. Yes, folks. After months of suggestions, taunting and hate mail, I have finally...FINALLY...seen The Departed. Fortunately, I made up for lost time by watching it three times last week all before it took home, among others, "Best Picture" and "Best Director" gold at The Oscars, or as I like to call it: The Night Hollywood Blows Itself (TNHBI for short).

I kid, I kid. I'm happy Scorcese got the recognition he so sorely deserved, even though the majority of the night was a vacuous display of narcissism. Much like most blogs, but I digress...ahem.

What I really enjoy about The Departed is its rewatchability. I've caught new things each time I've watched it, and each time I learn new catch-phrases that I can blurt out randomly during the course of my day. "Maybe yes, maybe no, maybe f*ck yourself" has quite the ring to it, especially when they ask if I want sugar in my coffee at Dunkin Donuts. Sorry donut ladies. Blame Marky Mark....He and the Funky Bunch will send a letter of apology in due time.

In literary news, I've just jumped into the Stephen King library, starting off with The Shining and working my way to obscurity from there. I have to admit, it takes a while to get used to his writing and the way he lays things out very slowly. I remember being frustrated with this when I read Pet Sematary some time ago. But hey, the guy is good at what he does, and he establishes mood pretty well. I want to jump into his Dark Tower series as soon as I make my way through the bulk of his "must-read" titles, and I have quite a bit more pages to turn to get to that point.

Gaming has cooled off due to that pesky thing known as a social life. You might have one. I know I'm going to dust off my Xbox 360 headphones, pop in Gears of War and chainsaw some noobs one of these nights, but it may take a while. Until then, tears will be rolling down many a pixelated cheek while legions of Wortmaniacs await the return of the N00b St0mper.

No comments: