Auto Ads

Monday, November 5, 2007

Thus Begins the WGA Strike

It's official, the Writer's Guild of America is on strike. With countless television and film projects on hold for the time being, this may be a great opportunity for Americans to open a book, have conversations with one another or, hopefully, visit my site more often. After all, I have dozens of DVDs that I've yet to blog about and stories about my Halo 3 service record that need to be told!

In all seriousness though, does anyone else find it a tad ironic that the writers are on strike when creativity in Hollywood is at an all-time low? Sequels and remakes are running rampant on the big and the small screens, yet the WGA is lobbying for more money. Who else is going to mine...oh, excuse me...reimagine...the 70s, 80s and 90s to create "new" content?

Now, if nostalgia went on strike...then we'd be in trouble.

No comments: