Auto Ads

Thursday, January 7, 2010

George Lucas Pays a Visit to The Daily Show

While writing this might offend Star Wars fans who are still nursing prequel-related emotional wounds, I’ve gotta say: George Lucas seems like a really cool guy when you get right down to it. Don’t believe me? Watch him hold his own in this clip from the January 5 broadcast of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, during which he self-effacingly discusses the prequel backlash, the power of nostalgia and, yes, even Jar Jar Binks. He also talks up his new book, George Lucas’s Blockbusting.

“I love doing Star Wars,” he says. “At the beginning I thought it was going to be one little movie [and I’d] move on. It’s not at all what I expected my life to be.”

A few moments later, he jokingly adds, “I expected to turn into something great. But, you know, you take what you get.”


No comments: