Auto Ads

Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Buy Pile for July 7, 2013

Another Independence Day weekend is in the books and, hopefully, you all made it through your BBQ festivities with your fingers and your dignity intact.

In terms of comics, these are books I actually picked up on Friday, but the last three days haven’t been all that conducive to blogging. Here’s what I was reading when I wasn’t grilling, chilling, avoiding a sunburn or concocting inappropriate lyrics to popular songs around a bonfire.
  • Iron Man #12
  • Daredevil #27
  • Legends of the Dark Knight #10
  • Detective Comics #22
  • Green Lantern #22
Even though I haven’t been reading the series in its original digital form, Legends of the Dark Knight could very well be my favorite book coming out of Marvel and DC right now. Since so many mainstream titles dole out larger story arcs across multiple issues, it’s refreshing to get these self-contained Batman stories that aren’t tied to the current “New 52” continuity.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, it’s time for me to do some shopping. Stay nerdy!