Auto Ads

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Buy Pile for Oct. 2, 2013


Tonight marks the conclusion of my first vacation in more than a year — seven days of comic books, horror movies, Breaking Bad binge sessions and excessive amounts of Grand Theft Auto V. I know many of you are sucking your teeth at me for not taking this opportunity to do some traveling, but I had business to take care of in Los Santos … Paris can wait.

My regular Wednesday trip to Stamford, Conn.’s A Timeless Journey netted me a relatively light haul, but that doesn’t mean I was in any way disappointed with this week’s new offerings. Marvel’s “Battle of the Atom” still has me hooked despite the time-travel weirdness, and there’s definite promise in DC’s Forever Evil book, which hints at big things to come next month. I’m also thoroughly entertained by Glen Brunswick’s Reality Check over at Image Comics, which released its second issue this week.

Here’s a rundown of what I’m bagging and boarding this evening:
  • Captain America: Living Legend #1 (Marvel)
  • All-New X-Men #17 (Marvel)
  • Iron Man #16 (Marvel)
  • Batman: Detective Comics #24 (DC)
  • Batman: Black and White #2 (DC)
  • Forever Evil #2 (DC)
  • Reality Check #2 (Image)

No comments: