Auto Ads

Sunday, November 30, 2014

An Awkward 'Star Wars' Family Reunion

I'm even more obsessed with Star Wars than usual after the teaser for The Force Awakens broke the Internet for real (sorry, Kim), so I was inspired this evening to take a deep dive into one of the plastic bins housing a large chunk of my Star Wars collection.

Amidst the laughable assortment of Geonosian Warriors I amassed back in 2002 and no less than THREE different Jar Jar Binks figures because I needed those for some reason, I stumbled upon this gem: a toy based on Ralph McQuarrie's early concept for Chewbacca. It's a rad figure, and I definitely plan on finding a place to display this guy. 


Here he is alongside Star Wars Rebels' Zeb Orrelios, who owes much of his design to this proto-Wookiee. Uncanny resemblance, no?


Check back later this week for more unique finds from the collection!


No comments: