Auto Ads

Thursday, May 28, 2015

'Jaws' Swims Back to Theaters for 40th Anniversary


As weird as it might sound, Jaws was one of the first movies I was obsessed with growing up. In fact, some of my earliest childhood memories involve Steven Spielberg's seminal aquatic nightmare, when my mom would ask me to go into the kitchen and make her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich during the goriest scenes, just to get me out of the room (I always made it back too early). Jaws even drifted into playtime for me, when my toy shark munched on G.I. Joes and gave me the chance to perfect Robert Shaw's death gargles as I shoved Shipwreck into its gaping rubber maw.

Despite all that, I turned out perfectly well-adjusted, right?

Forty years after ushering in the era of the summer blockbuster in 1975, Jaws is heading back into theaters for a limited run. Fathom Events will hold screenings on Sunday, June 21 and Wednesday June 24 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. local time at theaters across the United States. To mourn that little Kintner boy at a theater near you, pre-order your tickets by clicking here.

No comments: