Auto Ads

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bat's Entertainment

“Let’s put a smile on that face…”

Okay, I know I’m going to catch hell for all the Dark Knight coverage but it’s all popping up at once and it’s all bat-tastic. The official trailer for the Batman Begins sequel has hit the Internet and if you’re not sold on Heath Ledger as The Joker, then you will be after watching this. The guy has nailed the voice, the look and the laugh of the character, and the rest of the cast isn’t too shabby either. Christian Bale. Morgan Freeman. Michael Caine. Gary Oldman. We’ve even got Maggie Gyllenhaal pinch hitting as Rachel Dawes after Katie Holmes (Cruise) Scientologied her way out of the series.

We also catch a glimpse of the Batpod, which seems to be the motorcycle equivalent of the tumbler Batmobile from the first flick. It works, but I hope there’s a reason for it in the story other than “we need a new vehicle for the toy line.”

But man. Christopher Nolan just might knock the ball straight out of the park for a second time in a row. Or the bat out of the cave, whichever metaphor you deem more appropriate.

Watch it, love it, and pretend you're not ridiculously excited as you slog your way into work in the morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

James, I finally hopped on the blogotrain and started my own geek blog at LJ.

It's not sophisticated or anything, and for a while, it will be me talking about various aspects of Zuda comics (or MMOs over the break, as I'm going to try and get through as many free trials as possible), but I thought I'd spam you because hey, strangers on the net are totally not going to read my blog.

PS- OMG DARK KNIGHT. You can read my own reactions in my new blog. :p