Auto Ads

Saturday, December 29, 2007

What a Wiik

Time to pack away the artificial tree and shove the stockings back into the crawlspace until next December. I hope everyone had a great Christmas holiday. I know I did. From full seasons of Arrested Development and The Office on DVD to Guitar Hero III and The Simpsons Game for my Xbox 360, I have had one of the least productive weeks of all time. But I've been on vacation so I guess that's allowed.

One of the most welcome surprises this week came after a fateful trip to the local Toys R Us. I made the trip in search of a new guitar controller, since for some reason it felt wrong playing the latest Guitar Hero game without the latest equipment. Lo and behold, this Toys R Us had a huge post-holiday shipment of the impossible-to-find Nintendo Wii. With money to burn, I purchased the elusive white box, in addition to Super Mario Galaxy, the current flagship title for the system. Welcome to Geek Heaven. Population: Me. Since then I've gotten Super Paper Mario, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves and just about every classic Mario title on the Wii's virtual console. I also picked up an extra Wii remote or two. After all, why play with your Wii by yourself? Okay, that's the last dirty Wii joke you'll hear from me...today.

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year. I plan on writing up each of these bits of gaming goodness as soon as the holiday dust settles for good. Or maybe just a few of them. Whatever. You keep reading, I'll keep writing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LO AND BEHOLD IS TRITE.
MR O