Auto Ads

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Indy 5 News? Already?

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull hits theaters in less than a week on May 22, but George Lucas told reporters at the Cannes Film Festival that he’s already thinking about Indy 5, E! Online reports.

"I haven't even told Steven [Spielberg] or Harrison this," Lucas said. "But I have an idea to make Shia [LaBeouf] the lead character next time and have Harrison come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie. I can see it working out."

Wow, this is quite a bombshell. While I’m sure this comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, 65-year-old Harrison Ford may be also on-board for a fifth adventure. He told reporters, “'Till they tell me otherwise, I will continue to be Indiana Jones.”

I’m extremely excited to see Crystal Skull when it hits theaters next weekend, but I’m not quite sure they should use this fourth installment as a springboard for another Indy movie or group of movies starring LaBeouf. If this new film is as entertaining as the first three, then I would be content as far as this series goes. But, I suppose if there’s money to be made…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG.
Just that's all I can say. Apart from the fact that I might have to resort to stalking soon. ummm this weekend, is that a date?