Auto Ads

Monday, May 5, 2008

Okay, I Think I'm Back

Hey there Wortmaniacs. I suppose we all burn out every once in a while. Last week, I was pushing myself to finish a piece for my local newspaper, the Westmore News, and after its completion I decided that I needed to take a bit of a breather from any and all side projects to collect myself. The fact that Grand Theft Auto IV came out last week might also have had something to do with my absence from the Report.

Now, I know that it's a tad after the fact, so I'll spare you a long-winded review of the game. Chances are, you already ran out, bought it and have caused enough digital mayhem in Liberty City to give gaming villain Jack Thompson carpal tunnel syndrome from all the hand-wringing. In short, it's an amazing piece of video game that I look forward to playing each and every day after work.

If you weren't too busy stealing cars, blowing up helicopters and engaging in other unsavory shenanigans, you might have noticed that a little film called Iron Man hit theaters this weekend. Did I see it? Do you even know me? I was there Saturday with a packed theater enjoying the hell out of ol' shellhead. For my full review, head on over to Broken Frontier.

Since we're on the topic of Iron Man, which pulled in nearly $100 million this past weekend, the good people at Marvel Entertainment announced earlier today that a sequel is definitely in the works. Reuters reports that an Iron Man sequel will hit theaters in April 2010 followed by a Thor adaptation the following June. Captain America and The Avengers are each scheduled to hit theaters in 2011. If the phenomenal Iron Man is any indication, comic book fans have plenty to look forward to for the next few summers. Excelsior!

1 comment:

Doomed True Believer said...

Love the Shameless self promotion James. It’s good to have you back