Auto Ads

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Random Bloggery for April 11

Hey all, just want to wish everyone out there a very Happy Easter and a Happy Passover. It’s been a crazy week for me, and I look forward to relaxing with family and getting in some quality time with my Xbox 360. Hopefully I can find a way to combine the two, but I don’t think my niece would have all that much fun with Fallout 3. Post-apocalyptic wastelands aren’t very inviting to toddlers.

If you’ve had your ears and/or eyes open at all this week, you may have caught Eminem’s new video for “We Made You,” the first single off his forthcoming album Relapse, which hits store shelves on May 19. Anyone that knew me in high school and college knows that I was a huge Eminem fan, particularly when it came to The Marshall Mathers LP and The Eminem Show, which may be two of the best rap albums in the last decade. Feel free to tell me I’m wrong.

“We Made You” continues Eminem’s trend of releasing a radio-friendly celebrity slam to promote the much better material on the rest of his albums. However, Eminem hasn’t released a full-fledged album since 2004’s so-so Encore, and the entertainment landscape has changed significantly since then. Today, it's commonplace to take snarky shots at celebrities such as Amy Winehouse, Lindsay Lohan and Sarah Palin, all of whom were already ripped to shreds by the tabloids and gossip blogs months ago. If Eminem wanted to be edgy, he should have gone after people who aren't such easy targets.

But watch the video and judge for yourself.

No comments: